Friday, August 16, 2013

The Bible Speaks and Stands....Forever

Proverbs 30: 5 Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.

Think of it, every single word of God is pure. So we are told in the Word of God. It is a gift, a miraculously provided gift, that has been handed down via the Spirit's breath to sixty-six human authors over thousands of years of time. It still remains on the bestseller list though many attempts are made to squelch it, burn it, and stamp it out. Those who try to destroy it are fighting a fruitless battle, for the Bible will stand forever, unlike other books which will not.

I used to debate whether the Bible was really true, in everything, in my own mind. I never won the argument, and it was no fun arguing with Omniscience, either. One day, somewhere along my path, I came to a realization. God was not kidding. He meant it. Every word was pure.

What a relief! I didn't have to argue with Him anymore! I have things I don't understand, sure, like everyone does. But before, I would let that derail my walk. Only by His grace helping me I have come to the realization it is better just to accept what He says. Then just trust Him that He will reveal the things I do not understand at some later point in my life. I do not know when He will reveal them, but His timing always is perfect.

Just like His Word. Perfect. Pure. Just as He is. Trustworthy and enduring forever.

Let the Bible speak for itself...

Psalm 93: 5 Your testimonies are very sure; Holiness adorns Your house, O LORD, forever.

Psalm 102: 12 But You, O LORD, shall endure forever, And the remembrance of Your name to all generations.

Psalm 11: 9 He has sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant forever: Holy and awesome is His name.

Psalm 119: 152 Concerning Your testimonies, I have known of old that You have founded them forever.

Psalm 119: 160 The entirety of Your word is truth, And every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.

Psalm 135:13 Your name, O LORD, [endures] forever, Your fame, O LORD, throughout all generations.

Ecclesiastes 3:14 I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, And nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.

Lamentations 5:19 You, O LORD, remain forever; Your throne from generation to generation.

Daniel 2:20 Daniel answered and said: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, For wisdom and might are His..."

Hebrews 7: 24 But He, because He continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.

I Peter 1: 22-25 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,because "All flesh [is] as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the LORD endures forever." Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.

The Bible speaks to me daily. Miraculously, He often allows it to bring me just the right verse at just the right time.

How about you?







No comments:

Post a Comment