Thursday, October 11, 2018

Did You RSVP?

There be many that say, Who will show us any good? LORD, lift thou up the light of Thy countenance upon us.
Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than in the time that their corn and their wine increased.  Ps. 4:6-7


Did you ever see a big party going on and felt left out as you watched from afar? Maybe you felt you were missing out all the fun that others were having while life keeps passing you by?

I remember going to parties, back in the day when I was trying to find out who I was. These parties that left me empty, hung over, and depressed. A young man  (who came to check our furnace for the winter) today told me he was excited to party on his birthday tomorrow. I don't know why, but I felt prompted to share a gospel tract with him. He could have a second birthday, and really celebrate.

I watched  a video the other day, where it showed how differently we might treat people if they walked around wearing a little sign on them that told what all they had endured in their life. I wondered what that young man was up against in his own little world, what he might wear on his "sign?" No matter what trouble he has seen, there is One who loves him, beckons him.

When he finished checking the furnace and handed me the bill, I gave him a small  purple tract along with our payment. He rushed quickly to tell me he already went to a church, but I said it was about a relationship, one on one, with the One who made us. After he left I called my sister so we could both pray for him.

The Ultimate Party is almost here. I wonder, have you sent in your RSVP? It will be called the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, the one party no one will want to miss. Outside the party there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Jesus our Savior will share more happiness at that party then any party here on earth where even the rarest wine is flowing. All of us, His children, will  celebrate when this world has been cleansed from evil, and righteousness comes to reign on this earth. No more devil lying to us and tricking us.  It will be a constant joy to be with the One who loves us and gave Himself for us.

"Thou wilt shew me the path of life; in Thy presence if fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore. Ps.16:11

Did you know you are invited to this party too? In fact, we all are. Some sadly will refuse, by their own stubbornness, to accept the invitation. It will be a "Come as you are" type of party. You don't have to pay to get in because that price has already been paid in full.

To gain entrance, you must simply believe that this Person, Jesus the Christ, came down to this earth. He was God but He took on our humanity and lived a perfect life, never once breaking any of God's laws or sinning even one time. He was crucified on a Roman cross where He bore every sin of every man so that we could live with Him forever. He physically died, and His Father was so pleased with His sacrifice that He caused Jesus to rise from the dead three days later. Then He was seen by many others before going back to heaven. But before He ascended, He promised that He would come back and take all who believe in Him to live with Him forever.

He told us things would be chaotic before He came back. (Have you noticed?) His appearuing will be sudden, a great surprise and shock to the rest of the world. But you can RSVP now by simply believing in His name.

"Verily, verily, I say unto, He that heareth My word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life." John 5:24



4 comments:

  1. Thank you. This was very timely for my life. My wife of 43 years passed away six months ago from cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jimmie,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. I was reading just this morning about "redeeming the time." May the Lord comfort you at this difficult time. Thank you for writing.
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, I'm so thankful that you are willing to share the love of Jesus with others. That's a brave thing to do because we always face the chance of being rebuffed. You are a wonderful role model. Thanks for sharing and reminding us of the invitation to the most important party of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine, Thank you so much for your encouragement. If even one person reads it and is led to salvation it is well worth it. I am so glad you dropped by.
      Megan

      Delete