Thursday, August 9, 2012

What do you do when you let yourself down?

This is a question I deal with all the time. Somehow I think I am above failure in a certain thing, and then, just to keep me straight, I fail in that very thing. Some days I think I have the world by the tail, then other days come and it seems I can hear the taunts: "You thought you were above this thing? We--ell, guess what, you're not!"

Ever hear of 70 times 7? Jesus answered that when Peter asked him how many times he should forgive his brother in Matthew 18: 22. Sometimes it is easier to forgive others than forgive ourselves especially when we keep failing in the same sin repeatedly.

But if we don't allow ourselves to be the recipients of the grace of God, how can we really allow others to experience it?

Lord God, today cleanse me from me hidden faults that keep me trapped in a pattern of failure. You are the ONLY ONE I can look to: certainly not myself, and not other people. For You are sinless, and above the fray of our webs of self deceit.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment