Sunday, August 5, 2012

Slowly Learning the Lessons of Life....

I am back. I know, I know I was gone waaaayy too long. I am like a sheep that wandered from the fold. I apologize to the few readers that were reading this blog. I let you down and I am sorry. Life got busy and I did not count the cost that keeping a blog would entail. I tried a different blog but realized it was only accessible to friends on facebook or people on Tumblr. I am slowly learning the ways of being tech savvy. I am a slow learner. I am also a slow learner in God's lessons too. One message I like is that Christ is both a guilt offering and a sin offering for us. It is often profitable just to look at the meanings of the words for "guilt" and "iniquity." There are many free resources on the internet that will help you dissect every word of a verse in the Bible. The one I have used frequently is the Blue Letter Bible. It will explain every single word in the Greek or Hebrew. By taking the time to study these words, we will have a greater understanding of the value of Christ's atoning sacrifice for us. You could spend hours there and never grow tired of all the things you could study. Our sins, no matter how heinous, have been paid for on the cross. When we believers cite them to God as instructed in I John 1: 9, He cleanses the guilt away as well. Whenever I am tempted to feel guilty after I have confessed my sin, I must realize that that is even worse to have a guilt complex. I don't know about you, but I am tired of walking around with one when Christ died to make me free from it! I recently heard some messages on this very theme and they have brought me into a new realization! It really is finished! You can trust Christ today, if you never have before, to cleanse you from your sins and give you His very own righteousness as a free and irrevocable gift. Better to be a slow learner than to never learn this at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment