Saturday, September 15, 2012

In My Weakness He is Strong

This past week I have been doing "spring" cleaning, and yet it is fall. Go figure.

I have tried just about every organizational system there is, and have never been successful with one of them. I don't know why. Maybe I just can't follow the plans of men and succeed. Oh, I do gain little nuggets here and there, but the Lord says in Proverbs 3:5-6:

"Trust in THE LORD with all your heart,
And lean NOT on your own understanding;
In ALL your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct Your paths."

I have heard it said that you are either born with the organized gene or you are not.
In my case, it was quite obvious as a little girl I was not. When me and my sisters played Barbies, they would spend oodles of time putting their Barbies away neatly. I had no time for that! I would throw mine in my "Barbie box." (It consisted of a huge grocery box which we "wallpapered" with gift wrap for our Barbies to live in. Everything in my Barbie house was a huge jumbled mess.

My older sister joked that she was going to teach me organization lessons, striving every day to be her organized best for me! Nearly five decades later, I still joke and ask her when the classes are?

But, you see when God formed me in my mother's womb. (Psalm 139) He knew I would be a messie, who would struggle this "disability." Like Paul in II Corinthians 12: 7-10, I have pled with the Lord to make me something different than I am. But shall I, the mere clay, tell the Potter how to make me. Should I tell the Designer of all the galaxies, and the complexities of a "simple" cell, that He somehow made a mistake when He made me the way I am?

So, this past week, all of a sudden this organizing, cleaning bug "hit" me. I could see the "forest for the trees," so to speak. And God gave me energy to complete an overdue task each day. No, I didn't follow a "method." Just God's enabling dunamis power, that is all. And I made my husband happy. That spoke volumes to me.

For the verse from Proverbs 31:12 is in the backdrop of my mind, and I cannot dismiss it:

"She does him good and not evil, all the days of her life."

I have failed in the past, and maybe you have too, but TODAY is a brand new day!!

2 comments:

  1. See, I am doing a new thing! (Isaiah 43:19, NIV)

    a precious promise for today and for the eternity that is our hope...

    thanks for the encouragement, Megan!
    "a word fitly spoken"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by e clair, so wonderful to have you! I hope you will stop by often!

      Delete