Monday, December 24, 2012

Hope I Always Have Room in my Inn

Luke 2: 7

"And she brought for her firstborn Son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because

THERE WAS NO ROOM FOR HIM IN THE INN."

Hmmmm. I've read that verse a million times. Dare I say I've grown familiar with it? Yes, baby Jesus was born in a cold dark stable. God knew it was going to happen from eternity past.

But do I grasp what it means for me personally? The Lord of all Lords, King of all Kings, had to be born in a filthy barn with dirty animals surrounding Him because humanity had no place for Him. Thus it has always been so. Rignt down to this very moment in church history.

OK, without raising too many eyebrows here, if I were to suggest we were living in the church of Laodecia (at least in most Western cultures), could it be that Jesus may not be welcome in our inns either? For He does say to His church (not the world, if you look carefully)in Revelation 3: 20:

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me."


You see, previously He addressed six other churches. Laodecia is the last church He speaks to.He wasn't exactly pleased with Laodecia. They are out of fellowship with Him. They have lots of "Christian" things going on. But yet He is outside, knocking on the door, waiting to be invited in, so that He can fellowship with them...(us??)

I just read an amazing book from Voice of the Martyrs called These are the Generations
by Mr and Mrs.Bae as told to Rev. Eric Foley:
https://secure.persecution.com/p-4848-these-are-the-generations.aspx


It tells of a generation of a family in North Korea who has managed to stay fervently Christian in spite of their antichrist government. The believers there say they pray for us in Western countries because we are so distracted by our materialism. They hear the knock of Jesus better than we do. He is drowned out by the call of materialism here.

He is no longer in that manger. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Rev. 19: 16) He is coming back quickly. He has His reward with Him.(Rev. 22: 12) My prayer is that I would make room in my inn for Him this day and every day.

Merriest of Christmases everyone. The most blessed fact is no matter how much we have failed in the past, today it is always 70x7 (meaning infinite) with our God. If you never made room, or never believed on Him before, there is nothing like Today for:

2Cr 6:2 For He says: "In an acceptable time I have heard you, And in the day of salvation I have helped you. Behold, now [is] the accepted time; behold, now [is] the day of salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment