Friday, February 27, 2015

Fill My Cup Lord

Psalm 16:5-8 5 ​​O LORD, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup;You maintain my lot.6 ​​The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;​​Yes, I have a good inheritance.
​7 ​​I will bless the LORD who has given me counsel;My heart also instructs me in the night seasons.8 ​​I have set the LORD always before me;
​​Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved.

God will be with me today. Though I awoke in the "night seasons,", I can trust Him to fill my cup today. God's cup is filled with grace and today is the day to drink to the dregs the cup of salvation that He offers, while we are still in the age of grace. Both the believer and unbeliever are bid to come and drink from it.


Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;You anoint my head with oil;

Psalm 116:13 I will take up the cup of salvation,And call upon the name of the LORD.

This cup of grace swirls with endless tints of green, the color most psychologically pleasing to man. This is shown in the emerald throne in heaven in Revelation 4:3:"And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald."

Because Jesus drank a cup that we could never drink, the cup of God's holy wrath over the sins of mankind, we are able to freely drink of His grace and be with Him one day to behold the emerald throne. He drank the cup of wrath to the dregs so we would not have to ever taste it.

Matthew 26:36 Then Jesus came with them to a place called Gethsemane, and said to the disciples, “Sit here while I go and pray over there.” 37 And He took with Him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and He began to be sorrowful and deeply distressed. 38 Then He said to them, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch with Me.”
39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”
40 Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour? 41 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.” 43 And He came and found them asleep again, for their eyes were heavy.
44 So He left them, went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words. 45 Then He came to His disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners. 46 Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand.”

On the other hand, there is another cup which also is quickly filling. Time on earth is running out. Today is the day of salvation.


II Corinthians 6:2:"For He says: “In an acceptable time I have heard you,And in the day of salvation I have helped you.”
Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (emphasis mine)

One day soon, the time will be up and the throne of grace will no longer be afforded. There will only be a white throne of judgment against unbelievers, and God will destroy evil completely.

Jeremiah 25:15 For thus says the LORD God of Israel to me: “Take this wine cup of fury from My hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send you, to drink it."

Revelation 14:9-11: 9 "Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” (emphasis mine)

Salvation is provided courtesy of Jesus Christ when He was lifted high on Calvary's cross, not from anything we could ever do to earn it. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

A simple change of mind from unbelief to faith can change forever which cup you will drink from.





No comments:

Post a Comment