Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's My Birthday and I'll Rejoice 'cause I want to

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen. Revelation 1:7

I am 53 years young today. The Lord has given me a heart to rejoice because He is my Savior and Lord, and I believe that He is coming back soon.
And so, I list 53 things He has given me to celebrate today because of Jesus' precious gift of salvation to me, in no particular order. (These can belong to anyone, anywhere, anytime who chooses to believe in the Son of God for eternal life.)

1) He loved me.
2) He washed me from my sins in His own blood.
2) He made me a king and priest through Jesus.

Rev. 1:5-6
Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.
To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, 6 and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

4) I am a member in particular of the Body of Christ. "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular." I Corinthians 12:27

5) No eye has seen the things He is preparing for those who love Him, but they are beyond what we could think or imagine.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him." I Corinthians 2:9

6) My sins (and all those of everyone who believes in Christ) have been cast into the depths of the sea. Love this verse from Micah: "He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins Into the depths of the sea." Micah 7:19

7)His eye is ever upon me to watch over me just as He watches over the sparrows.
Luke 7: 25-27 25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

8)He will never change His mind about me. “For I am the LORD, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob."Malachi 3:6

9) He gave me living water to drink and promised that I will never thirst again. John 4:10 "Jesus answered and said to her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.”

10)Right now, this very moment, I am a child of God.

11) One day I will be like Him, for I will see Him as He is.

"Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is." I John 3: 2

12)I am going to a place where there will be no more tears, sorrow, crying or pain, no matter what I face in this life.
“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Rev. 21:4

13)I have a living hope

14) and an inheritance that Jesus is keeping for me.

I Peter 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

15) I am a brand new creation in Christ, and that is the way God sees me, not in my trespasses and sins. II Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

16) I am His sheep and He is my shepherd.

17) I shall not lack for anything I need.

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd;I shall not want.

18) I will be delivered from the wrath to come by Jesus, as will all who place their faith in Him. I Thessalonians 1:10 "...and to wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, even Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come."

19)Surely God's goodness

20) and God's mercy

21) will follow me all the days of my life

22) and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever.

23) I have been given everlasting consolation

24) and good hope through grace

I Thessalonians 2: 16 "Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace,"

25) The Lord is my strength

26) and my shield

27) When I trust Him, I am helped

Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him."

28) I have been given by the Father to the Son

29) and I shall in no wise be cast out of the Father's hand

“My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand." John 10:29

29) My Father rejoices over me with gladness

30) quiets me with His love

31) and rejoices over me with singing

Zephaniah 3: 17 "The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”

32) I am totally complete in Christ.

"and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power." Colossians 2:10

33) He who began a good work in me will complete it.
Philippians 1: 6 "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;"

34) the enemy has been defeated forever

35) I have been made alive together with Him

36) I've been forgiven all my trespasses

37) All the ordinances that I violated were nailed to the tree at Calvary

Colossians 2:13 "And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it."

38) I am dead to sins

39) and I am alive to God

40) therefore, I no longer have to be a slave to sin

"knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin"
Romans 6:6

41) Neither death

42) nor life

43) nor angels

44) nor principalities

45) nor powers

46) nor things present

47) nor things to come

48) nor height

49) nor depth

50) nor any other creature

shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

51) He will never leave me

52) He will never forsake me

Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

and last but definitely least:

53) the Lord is my helper, I need not fear man and what he might do to me

Hebrews 13:6 "So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."

So I guess my physical birthday is just a day, it is my spiritual birthday that really counts. For without being born anew in Christ, none of these things would be mine. But with simple faith in Christ, all of these things are mine. And not only for me, but for anyone who believes in His name. If you are without Christ, why not make today your very own spiritual birthday?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment