Tuesday, June 30, 2015

"If the Foundations be Destroyed..."

Psalm 11:3

"If

the

foundations

be destroyed,

what can the

righteous

do?"



This verse speaks to me right now in light of recent events that have taken place in our country, even in the whole world. The foundations of the moral fabric in this country are being destroyed, right before our very eyes. Some may say I am intolerant for saying that, but I can't help but feel we are being sucked down into a vortex of societal breakdown faster and faster with each passing day.

If that were all that I had eyes to see, I would be so depressed. Thank God, He has, through His Word, given me eyes of faith to see that this is all supposed to happen, no matter how sad it is to behold. The Bible speaks of the last days as being "perilous" in II Timothy 3:1. The word in the Greek for perilous is chalepos, in the Greek #5467. It is defined as:

Fierce, Fierceness:
"hard,"
(a) "hard to do or deal with, difficult, fierce," is said of the Gadarene demoniacs, Mat 8:28;
(b) "hard to bear, painful, grievous," said of the last times, 2Ti 3:1, RV, "grievous," for AV, "perilous

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G5467&t=KJV

The lexicion says also to look into the word "fierce"

Fierce, Fierceness:
signifies "not tame, savage" (from a, negative, and hemeros, "gentle"), 2Ti 3:3. Epictetus describes those who forget God as their Creator, as resembling lions, "wild, savage and fierce" (anemeroi) (Moulton and Milligan, Greek Test. Vocab.).

ww.blueletterbible.org/search/dictionary/viewTopic.cfm?topic=VT0001034

My pastor said the last days resemble a gaping, open pit which many will fall into.

Very sobering stuff. But yesterday, the Spirit quickened a verse to me as an alternative to despairing over the state of the world. I received amazing encouragement from these 2 verses tucked away in Psalm 104.

33 "I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD."

Instead of worrying, I can sing to the Lord, for He is worthy.

I want to remember this verse always, no matter what happens. When I praise Him, it opens the gate for me to enter His holy courts. When I rest in that lovely place,
I am transferred, temporarily, to a place of calmness, a place of peace.

In this place, I am reminded of Psalm 46:10-11: "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah."

Psalm 37 verses 3-6
"Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday."

and verses 23-25

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

Oh God, help us to keep our eyes fixed upon You no matter what happens all around us. For You alone our worthy of our trust, and You alone are worthy of our praise. Amen.



2 comments:

  1. A very comforting article in light of the recent events in our Government and around the world. / JJ Hardic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you John, may God give us incentive to keep looking up!

    ReplyDelete