Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Precious Times...

The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God     stands forever.  

Isaiah 40: 8

A wise son makes a father glad...

Proverbs 15: 20a

I am blessed to have wise sons. So very blessed. They honor us as parents. One lives far away and is treating me to an airplane ticket to visit him and his family. I can't wait.

The other lives nearby. He and his wife welcome me to events along with them so I can spend time with my grandchildren. They have a heart of compassion to realize that "Grandma time" is precious to me.

During the past week, I was able to help them at a family event, and they kept thanking me profusely.  They didn't realize it was such a joy for me, not a burden.

During some of these times, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. Because these are times of unique memories. Times that flee away through my fingertips it seems. Watching the little one coo, or chatting on the phone with my grandson far away, or pushing the other one on the swing. I wish I could just compress time and keep the memory strong in my mind forever.

Today we went to the zoo, and while I was having a blast, I thought to myself when we get to heaven, days of joy like this will not be sporadic. They will be all the time. The choices will be between the best and the best. There will never be an end to the joyous times.

Oh what a day that will be. It seems that it won't be long now til we will see our blessed Savior face to face. But I thank Him also for "days of heaven on earth."


No comments:

Post a Comment